Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Daisy takes a nap!





Daisy is our little orange and white tabby. I say "little" because she's very petite and only weighs 6 pounds! I was moving stuff around in the kitchen one day and getting ready to mop the floor when I noticed that she had crawled into one of my boxes for a nap! I didn't want to disturb her, so I put off my house cleaning :-) She's likely to show up at the front door in our July heat and come inside for a long morning or afternoon nap! Sometimes I find her curled up outside on our front porch, on top of one of our plastic trash containers, if it's in the shade! Don't let her small stature fool you~she's a cold hearted killer! I glanced out back a couple of days ago and she had a morning dove in her mouth! I was able to rescue one from Loki, our white male (who is about 15 years old)...(Daisy is about 13...) and it flew away, but Daisy had her jaws locked on hers and wasn't about to allow it to get free...sigh...All of our cats have quirks. Loki likes to swat people as they walk by. Daisy...well, I've explained how she's a cold-hearted killer, and Abby like to run off with my socks and stash them behind my chair in front of the tv! Patches, our calico, likes to sleep on my husband's pillow and will snuggle next to him at night. She's very protective of him and runs Abby out of the bedroom! Abby, however, will follow me around like a dog as I go from room to room...ahhhh...cats!

No comments: