Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sunny was good and Quad was a brat!!!!


Yup. Apparently during Tuesday's lesson, Sunni was good and paid attention and did everything he was asked to do, while Quad was a BRAT! (...sigh...) Hubby is working this weekend and I'll have two days to put in some quality horse time! I'm also going to take my tripod with me and HOPEFULLY get some better horse pics, although I do like the ones I posted yesterday of Scout's nose! :-) Don't you just want to give her a smooch? I'll brush and groom everybody since it will be in the mid-70's this weekend here in the desert and mid-60's in the mountains. YEAH! I should also be able to get some wildflower photos! I'm taking my camera with me to school today as there is a gorgeous orchid tree out in the quad that I want to get some photos of and there are also some pretty yellow lantanas blooming!

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Quad could never be a brat...I am sure it is just a miscommunication :)

lisa said...

Boy, do I wish I was there! I have one horse that is good and one that is a brat too! Never fails ;)

Karen C. said...

Hmmmm, our snow is very pretty right now, but I am stuck on your 60 and 70 degree days, depending if you are in the mountains or not....and wildflowers! I LOVE WILDFLOWERS!!! I am so glad you posted on my blog so I could check yours out! It is great. And yes, I just want to give Scout's nose a nice smooch!