Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally~A day with the horses!~











Yesterday was a warm, sunny day up at the ranch and several horses were taking "sun naps" when I arrived, including Quad. The two mustangs, while fuzzy, were out running around. Quad took a few leaps and jumps in his corral when he woke up! I decided to let Sunni out into the arena because, honestly, I don't remember the last time he was out in it. I've had this STUPID BRONCHITIS for so long and yesterday was actually the first day I felt halfway normal and actually had some energy! I mowed the side lawn at home, did 3 loads of laundry, and loaded the dishwasher BEFORE heading up the hill! It's so nice to begin to get my energy back! I cleaned out water troughs, I groomed Quad (he had a couple of knots in his mane), and cleaned out all of Sunni's feet. The farrier hasn't come yet because it's either been raining or too windy. However, with warm, sunny days in the forecast for this next week, I'm hoping that he'll make it up one afternoon. :-)

No comments: