Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sunni's lesson


Sunni had a great lesson yesterday with the trainer. Good thing I worked him the previous day and let him run in the arena. He was too tired to be frisky! She is going to work with him on tying and she was able to lift all 4 of his big ole' feet! YEAH! Sunni has always worked better with women than men. He's always been a bit distrustful of men, especially my previous farrier, who he really disliked. I should have listened to Sunni and never had that guy back. I'm so glad that he now has a farrier who is gentle, patient, and who sings to him!

2 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

A singing farrier, that's pretty cool! I'm glad you've found people to work with Sunni that the horse likes.

Sage said...

I've had farriers I didn't like and usually my horses didn't like them either. I like the man that is doing them now. My horses like him so much they try to run to him pulling me along with them. Not good for training but shows they really like him. Of course he gives them horse cookies. But he also does a good job of trimming hooves and tells wonderful stories while doing it.