Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fuzzy horses!




Well, the ranch got a dusting of snow yesterday, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground. Not true for the higher elevations (above 3,500 feet). Our mountains are COVERED with snow this morning! We should have about 7 days of clear weather, with some slight warming. Our temps are still below normal here in the desert. I had to wear a T-shirt, a long sleeved sweater, and my vest to school yesterday. And, I was still cold outside! At least the horses all have their winter coats. I love to see how woolly they are! I went up Sunday to see them and it was so cold my hands nearly froze! We here in Southern California aren't really used to cold temps, like those in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho. The farrier should be able to come next week and trim my horses and take the shoes off the two that were in the Rose Parade.


2 comments:

Bernie said...

Gee Whiz but you certainly have gone all out in your blogs!!!!! I haven't heard from you in a while nor have I come to see you in a while and I am impressed. I love this post and I read all of them.

Were not you the one that was going to quit? Or do I have you mixed up with someone else. Nevertheless I am glad you are writing and your pics are phenomenol. I shall be back.

Rising Rainbow said...

My son lives in San Diego and it's suprising how quickly he's gotten used to the warmer temps there. Now when he comes to visit he freezes.