Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving














































Phew~~What a day yesterday! I woke up at 5 a.m., ate my cereal, and drank my coffee, hit the road by 5:30 a.m. and made it to our daughter's house by 6:00 a.m., just in time to snap a quick pic of the sunrise by her house. We got the turkey out, made our preparations, and by 7:18 a.m., all was done. Then, breakfast at her place! I ran back home about 11:30 to grab long forks and some other items I forgot at home. Then, back to her place. My aunt and uncle drove in from San Diego to eat with us and visit. That's James, our daughter's fiance, holding little Jaide, my cousin's 4 month old daughter and that's Claudia holding Ben, our first grandchild. He had a blast sitting at the table and banging on it! A fun time was had by all. Our daughter's fridge is full of leftovers, while ours is empty! Guess we'll have to drive back over there today for leftovers and sandwiches. We're making a run up to the ranch this morning to visit the horses. It was 36 degrees up there last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Glad you had a wonderful time

Unknown said...

what a fun time!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh what a cute little munchkin!

I'm so glad you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and visit with your loved ones, my friend :)


~Lisa