Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Stills Challenge "T" 112909


"T" is for thoroughbred! I have two thoroughbreds, both rescued horses. Our first is Gigondas, the big red mare. She never raced. I don't even know her pedigree. We believe she was used as a broodmare, then discarded to a slaughter-bound feedlot. I rescued her off the feedlot and we've had her now for 2 years. Then, there's Quad. Quad is an off-the-track thoroughbred who actually ran in 7 races and never won! He's much too mellow to be a race horse! He's VERY laid back and is a gentle soul, although he did spook one day last week when I was leading him down to the arena. You know...those pesky leaves...the horse-eating ones! A gust of wind came up and scattered the leaves and Quad actually spooked. Not a big one, just enough to let me know he IS a horse, after all! What a character! Sunday Stills Challenge for November 29, 2009. Nope. My computer isn't fixed yet. Fortunately, hubby has some pics on this laptop and I combed through them to find my Sunday Stills Challenge pics for my blogs! THANK YOU, hubby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love TBs, so T for TB is great!

Gail said...

As big as I looked on Magic Man, maybe I need a big horse to make me lookd smaller.

Quad is an amazingly beautiful horse.

DesertHen said...

Quad is stunning! Just look at those long legs! He is lucky to have found such a wonderful home with you...=)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely post and about two of your horses that are my favorites! I like all your horses and there stories, but Gigo and Quad are my favorites to read about.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

He's gorgeous! And Thoroughbred is a perfect T word for the challenge.

But darn those spooks....


~Lisa

word verif. rejeckit