Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Ice!!!!




I didn't drive up the mountain to the horse ranch until about 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, since I figured (rightly...) that it would be cold up there. It was in the mid-40's when I got there and the wind was blowing. Oh, boy! What fun! By 11:00 a.m., when I arrived, there was still a whole swath of ice on the north side of the corrals (see photos). As soon as I gave Quad his feed, his head disappeared into his feeder and he didn't even look up! Hmmmpppfffff! He was too busy eating to even acknowledge me! No, he did give me a look over and then he went back to eating! More frosty nights are forecast for this week.


1 comment:

lisa said...

Ice is no fun and I would rather have snow than that!