Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ben's visit with the horses!











We had dinner Sunday night with our son and daughter and their families. Our son mentioned that little Ben (our grandson) would LOVE to go see the horses and since our son was off work yesterday, could we all go up on Monday afternoon? Well, golly gee, of course!!! So, I raced home from school and we packed the little guy into my car and waited for his mom to get off work and off we went! I LOVE travelling up to the mountains in the afternoons, but I rarely have a chance to do so, so I was looking forward to the trip. We immediately noticed the difference in the temps! It was 90 degrees down in the desert, but only in the 70's up at the ranch. I'll be posting pics of our visit for the rest of the week! Here are some from yesterday. It was interesting to watch the horses. They were ALL curious about the little human! Quad was very calm around him, but he's always a good boy!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I bet that made your day, Cheryl. When are you going to be putting little Ben on horse!?

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Doesn't it feel GOOD to know that your "horse" gene is getting passed on? I'll bet you were really smiling!