Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hal, Quad, and Sunni





Our son, Hal, is the younger of our two grown children. Our grandson, Ben, is his son. Hal has always loved animals and Sunni has always doted on Hal! I'm not sure if it is because Sunni recognizes Hal as my son? Does anybody have an idea about that? But, Sunni has always been very patient and gentle with him. He's checking out Hal's back pocket in the middle photo! Sunni was very eager and curious to see Hal and Ben! It was interesting to watch the horses' reactions to little Ben and Hal. I'm glad they were able to see the horses as it gave them all a little "mental" exercise and got them used to other people touching and petting them.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Must have been nice to have your son and grandson up to see the horses with you. I love it when my family is interested in the animals I care about, too. Sunni must recognize Hal's love of animals :)

~Lisa