Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gigondas yesterday











I spent three hours up at the ranch yesterday. And, that was after my 45 minute walk that morning! I actually took a wrong turn on the way back to my car and I ended up LOST! In the DESERT~(actually, in the golf course!)...Apparently I'm going to need to walk the trail a couple of more times so that I can find my car and not get lost! ACK! Anyway, Gigondas was waiting patiently at her gate (that's her signal that she is ready to go down to the arena for some R&R), so I haltered her and led her down. For some reason, she was on alert...maybe the apple farmer next door was out fiddling around with his apples? She tried to bolt on me a couple of times, but I told her "Stay" and she settled down. Phew. I still need to work with her on this. Once she was free, she had a good roll and then self-exercised! We have Santa Ana winds in the forecast for today, so I may just work with Cali up in her corral. Blowing leaves are always scary for the horses and I'll be up at the ranch alone today.

No comments: