Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zion and its aftermath











We got up early yesterday morning and headed out to Zion National Park. We purchased an "America the Beautiful" pass, which will allow us to enter all national parks, including Joshua Tree. It was $80.00, but worth it. By the time we parked and hopped on one of the Zion trams, it was 10:00, Utah time (9:00 our time). I'm still confused by the time change. Anyway, Jennifer & James wanted to take the river walk all the way to the end, so I schlepped along, carrying two cameras on my neck. OUCH! I wanted my Nikon because it has the macro and zoom lens and I wanted my Olympus because it always takes such clear photos. I had not been on the river walk since I was a kid and it was interesting to walk it again! There were so many beautiful things to see..ferns, dripping water, leaves, the river, a wild turkey (YES!), and three deer! And, people were walking all along the path. It was a good day and it is wonderful to know that a 31 year old can't keep up with us! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! She was out cold!

No comments: