Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On the road again!




We're heading up to northern California for another vacation! We'll stop by and see my good friend Hope, who we believe has a sister or half-sister to Gigondas. Hope adopted her two mares from the same feedlot that Beauty and Gigondas came from. We both swear that her mare Pippin looks identical to Gigondas, except that Pippin has a larger blaze. She is also a big, red thoroughbred. I can't wait to see Hope again and get 10,000 photos! And, we'll be stopping by Joe's place (www.tbfriends.com), which is the rescue that Quad came from. Joe does a wonderful job with all his rescues and many of them move into new careers as trail horses, show horses, and even companion horses! THANK YOU, Joe, for all you do! I can't wait to see Joe and Cathy again! Finally, we'll spend two days in Yosemite and then visit some wineries. I'm actually glad we are getting out of the desert as it is forecast to be 110 degrees here over the weekend, which really isn't that hot for summer (some days, when it gets up to 118 or 120, we just don't even go outside!). Fortunately, our mornings have been bearable until about 9:00 a.m. Have a good week and I'll be posting from the road!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Enjoy your vacation enough for me, too. I need lots of pictures since I have never seen Yosemite.