Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First day of summer
















And what did I do yesterday? I stayed home, fed the cats, dogs, and outside birds, and cleaned half of the living room. And, I CLEANED it! I pulled out the couch and chairs, vacuumed behind them, rearranged things a bit, and cleaned the wooden furniture with Murphy's Wood Soap. At least all the dust is gone! That's one of the bad things about living in the desert: dust. It is EVERYWHERE! Our windows don't keep it out and I even see it on our daughter's window sills. Plus, the dogs drag in dirt and dust every time they come in! Ripley, our black lab, is a "dust magnet"!!! And, since we were invited to our daughter's house for dinner, I didn't drive up to the horses in the afternoon. I'll go up this morning, for sure, since I need to buy dog food up there at the feed store. Here are some pics of our dinner and 1 decent pic of Ripley, who just WILL NOT stay still!!!

No comments: