Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Wildflowers in the mountains




It is always interesting to see the wildflowers that grow in our local mountains. They are just having Spring. We, in the desert, have moved to "summer mode". Everybody wears shorts and flip-flops! Saturday, up at the ranch, was a gorgeous day~ cool and breezy. It hasn't been too hot down in the desert, high 90's and next week will only be in the low 100's. There are acres and acres of these flowers and I often see people stopping to take photos of them, so I did so myself on Saturday! Aren't they pretty?

No comments: