Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Gigondas~Camera Critters 061210







Well, today was officially my day of summer vacation! I slept in until 5 a.m. this morning (I had been awakening at 4 a.m.). Had my coffee and cereal, did the dishes, did two loads of laundry, went to our daughter's house for sandwiches for lunch, ate lunch, and took a 2 HOUR NAP! ACK!~ I went up to see the horses this afternoon. I let Gigondas out into the arena for a run and stretch, feed the other horses their sweet feed, but she got wind of what was going on (NO FOOLIN' HER!) and she screamed to be let back into her corral for a treat, too! (She's NO DUMMY!) She behaved herself the entire time, but was very eager to get back to her corral. Once I fed her (she was the last to be fed), I brought over a chair and just sat and let her smell my shoes (for some reason, Sunni was fascinated with my shoes and shorts and was a real pest today!) Here are some pics of Gigondas from this afternoon. She was absolutely fascinated by my walking shoes! Crazy girl!

No comments: