Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hi, Mom! Whatcha' got? Quad 123109
















Yesterday, the last day of 2009, was a picture perfect day both here in the desert and up in the mountains. FINALLY it wasn't too cold to actually get up there and do some "horse chores". I grabbed my grooming tray and off I went! I tackled Gigondas first. She was very good. Very dirty, too!!! Next, I toddled off to Quad and Sunni. Quad was very curious. Whatcha' got, Mom? Tee hee! After brushing the horses, I met my friend and fellow blogger, Molly, for lunch at Native Foods. Native Foods is a vegan restaurant in Palm Desert, CA. I LOVE their food and Valerie and I often meet there for lunch! Have a great day today, the first of 2010!

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

What a curious guy. His eyes seem to have more sparkle in these photos than when he first arrived. It seems having his very own human has done wonders for him.

Cheryl Ann said...

You know, you are so right! His eyes seemed to be "dead" when he arrived. His head was constantly down, he was sore all over, and I'm sure it was a shock to arrive in Southern California! He now has a gorgeous filly on one side and Sunni on the other side of him. He nickers when he sees me and likes to be brushed! He is such a wonderful horse! I'm so lucky to have him in my life.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Horses, good weather, friends and food! What a fabulous day!


~Lisa

Katharine Swan said...

I love your new header picture! He has such a pretty face. :o)

I spent New Year's Day cleaning my desk, found a horse book, and decided to do a new book giveaway on my blog. It's a bit different than my usual giveaway:

http://www.ponytalesblog.com/2010/01/new-years-day-cleaning-and-horse-book.html

Do you mind mentioning it on your blog? I'm hoping to get lots of horse stories. :o)