Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Textures~Sunday Stills Challenge~January 31, 2010























































































































































Oh, boy! While this isn't a hard Sunday Stills Challenge, it did post a problem~~~Which photos should I pick? I finally decided just to limit it to the ones that I've taken up at the ranch where I board our horses. Otherwise, I'd be posting all day! I've posted other series of photos on my other blogs, so if you wish to see those, check out my other blogs, which are listed on the sidebar. So, these are ALL either about the horses or were taken up at the ranch in the mountains. Several readers have asked if I live up there. No, I do not. My husband and I live down on the desert valley, near Palm Springs, CA. BUT, we board our horses up in our local mountains. First, they escape the brutal summer heat and humidity which we have down here. Yes, they get snow in the winter up in the mountains, but they have shelters and they get excellent care! I figured it would be easier for them to adjust to the mountain winters than to have to deal with the sweltering summer heat down here in the desert. And, besides, it is a completely different world for me to visit when I visit them up in the mountains! I actually get to see the seasons and since, as a teacher, I have summers off, I get to enjoy the mountain weather! So, here goes with the pics! Have a great day and enjoy these Sunday Stills Challenge photos!

8 comments:

Gail said...

Wonderful photos.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely collection of photos

Brenda said...

love all of the horsey shots! I absolutely love the wood cutout of the horse heads! Where were you able to find it? I would just love that!

Anonymous said...

these are all lovely i especially love the foot print shot

allhorsestuff said...

HAHA! I know...I had MORE too for mine and cut them out!
I love the pines and the horses, snuffling the blanket!
KK

Oregon Equestrian said...

Horse folks think alike. I did the muddy hoop print.

Carolyn Ford said...

Brilliant assortment of textures. I love the horse's nose!

Anonymous said...

Like the nose shot, very good. I like the tree with all of the wild bark. Nice job on capturing textures.