Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Flowers~Out and around my yard~ That's My World 011210





























Hubby came home tired and cranky yesterday afternoon and didn't even attempt to upload all the photos I've taken since December onto my desktop...(sigh)...I took some photos of the roasted vegetables I cooked last night~tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, and sweet onions drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with "Hot Rocks" (a salt and pepper blend). My printer won't support the 16 mb photo card, so I'll have to ask him how I'm going to upload those pics! On other topics, I hear we had an earthquake here in the desert. I didn't even feel or hear it and I usually do, being a native Californian. It was only a 4.3, hardly worth mentioning. But, I was lucky to get out Sunday morning and take these photos with my Canon, of my sunflowers and my neighbor's beautiful flowers! I hear a storm system is moving in early next week and we may get rain. Yes, that's one of our sweet acacia trees already blooming! Its sweet fragrance drifts over the front yard. And, one of my sunflowers has already opened a flower! I see that two more are on their way. I have sweet peas and sunflowers growing in our back yard and I planted more sunflower seeds, since these are doing so well. The birds really enjoyed them last spring! That's My World for Tuesday, January 12, 2010.

2 comments:

Linda said...

How wonderful to live somewhere where there are flowers in the winter!!! You're blessed.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hi, Cheryl Ann;
Popped over to thank you ever so much for the follow and now that I am here I see you are living my dream life! So, I guess it's great we're connected! :) I have adopted 2 horses this year and the only thing that holds me back from adopting more is the fact that I have not, as yet, won the lottery! :D

I look forward to reading more about your horsie and gardening adventures. Thanks, again!