Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Hi, Mom!~I'm waiting for MY snack!











Unlike Quad, who dove into his snack and hardly looked up, Sunni waited patiently for me and for his snack on Saturday. He's such a good boy! And, hairy, too!!! Just look at all his hair! Severe winds are forecast for our local mountains today, with snow above 6,000 feet, so it is the beginning of our week-long storms that are lined up out in the Pacific Ocean. Yesterday was sunni and clear and ALL the horses were taking "sun naps", getting their sleep in ahead of the gathering storms.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Isn't it something how nature takes care of itself. How do they know? It's amazing. When I worked on the breeding farm I noticed the same thing when bad weather was forecast.

www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com