Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Eastern Sierra Nevada

I was going through my YouTube videos the other day and I suddenly realized that I hadn't made one in 6 years.  6 YEARS!  WHERE did the time go?

Well, first I lost Beauty in 2009, then Cali in December of 2013.  Those double blows really set me back.  I didn't make another horse video.  I really should make one with Quad and his antics and I will when I find the right music to accompany HIS GOOFINESS!  Maybe "Dancing" from WallE?  That would be a good match.

Anyway, I wanted to get back into shape, so I made this one last night.  It's photos I took (except for the last 7) of our June trip to the Eastern Sierra Nevada.  This was the year of the 120% above normal snow pack and even in June, the mountains were COVERED with snow!  I sure hope they get a ton of snow this season!  California certainly can use all that water!

So, here it is!  Please do view it and you can leave a comment on YouTube or here.  Music is from the soundtrack, "Snow White and the Huntsman" by James Newton Howard.  I wanted something melancholy and soft for this one.
Here's the link:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbFRelwx95A

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I like all those wildflowers with the gray mountain in the background.