Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, October 19, 2015

A quick visit to the horses

I was out the door by 8:30 a.m. yesterday and I headed up the mountain, with 2 cameras in the car.  There were clouds hanging on them, but I didn't figure I'd run into fog.  So, I drove through Garner Valley, soaking in the smells and the cool air.  It was delightful!

I wanted to get up to the horse ranch first, to pay my monthly board, and second, to give the horses their coconut oil and chia seeds.  I'm giving them ORGANIC chia seeds instead of psyllium.  First, it provides them with nutrients that help their hair, hooves, and "insides".  Second, I buy organic seeds.  They make a really nice, thick GEL, but I can also just add them dry to their pellets.  You should see how shiny they are!  Well, not yesterday...they'd had 3 days of RAIN up there and everything was soaked.  I notice that Gigondas' tail is a lot fuller and Sunni's is growing out.  (Remember, Quad ate most of it last winter!)...sigh...

Here are some pics from yesterday:



 Looking out across Quad's pen...
A drizzly day...

No comments: