Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Deep Canyon video

Okay, I finished my first attempt at a YouTube video for Deep Canyon.  Deep Canyon is the canyon that stretches from Anza-Borrego up through the Santa Rosa mountains and Highway 74 runs along it.  Highway 74 is the road I take when I go visit the horses.  You can only look down into the canyon from a couple of places.  One place is the Cahuilla turnout, where you can park and hike.  I'll have to stop there sometime (again) and take some photos.  It goes out over the rim and one can look down into the canyon.  Anyway, I've traveled that road now for nearly 10 years, going up and down to the horse ranch!  Wow!  Where did the time go?

Anyway, if somebody has some suggestions on transitions or animations, PLEASE let me know.  This is the best I can do right now, with my limited knowledge and experience.

Would VIMEO be better to use?  Or, can you use photos with VIMEO?  I have no idea...sigh...

ALL tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3038Dv6iEOM

Please DO leave a comment on You Tube!
Thanks!

3 comments:

mrpaul said...

enjoyed the video - but of course you'll be wanting to do some things like fades from one photo to the next as well as pans so the picture gently moves in various perspectives - gee, i could be wrong but i thought basic windows movie making software came with all computers/laptops these days - unless u uploaded this another way ? - anyway, plugging your photos into a simple movie making software program and then making all those visual enhancements is very easy to figure out on one's own -- by the way, thanks for the lovely movie music

sandy said...

Meant to tell you before this that I watched your video the other day - the one you did of Eastern Sierra - loved it! I will watch this one later as I am heaing out soon for a walk around the lake.

Good job!

Cheryl Ann said...

I'm still playing around with Windows Movie Maker. I hadn't made a video for 6 YEARS and, in my "old" age, I had to basically relearn how to do one. I'm still working on the fades and transitions. I've made several on my MacBook, which is a whole lot EASIER to work with, but that is my work computer. I have a SONY at home.