I appreciate all your comments.
I DO have a horse fund now and my family knows that I would PREFER that the horses be euthanized rather than suffer an uncertain fate, should it come to that.
However, I believe I still have a few years before I have to make any kind of decision, so until then, I'm going to continue to enjoy them, care for them, and do my best with them. I know our children don't wish to be burdened with them, and hubby doesn't either. Frankly, I'd like to find 5 acres and take them all with us and live in Arizona! :-) Hey, Nuzz...do you want a new neighbor?
Thank you all again.