Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Horses followup

I've made my wishes known to my family and to the wonderful couple who board them.  Unfortunately, money will be a deciding factor, especially with 5 of them to board.  The kids don't want them.  Our daughter is allergic to every living thing on the planet and our son has two children to raise.  Hubby won't care for them.  Believe me, I've let all my friends and the couple know that they are NEVER to go to auction.  ANY of them.  PERIOD.

I do worry about them and sometimes, in the middle of the night, I'll wake up after having an anxiety attack.

So, for now, I just carry on.
Thank you for writing, those of you who did...
Cheryl Ann

3 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I've been reading. I'm just not commenting, because these decisions are so personal to you, and sometimes I say things that influence people in the wrong direction.

Mrs Shoes said...

You might want to (in your will) set aside a portion of your estate for the final arrangements for your horses. At least you would know that they were kindly treated & humanely euthanized rather than gone to uncertain futures.
You said that your husband has no care for the horses themselves, but surely he cares for you enough to honour your wishes in the matter.
A specific & funded directive in your will would ensure that your wishes are carried out, regardless of his feelings on the matter.

Ranch Girl Diaries said...

I would think even if they didn't understand your passion and love for your horses or love them like you did, if your family loves YOU, they will respect your wishes for them. It would make me very sad if my family ever gave up my horses to a possible ill fate. you are a good horse mama! ;-)