Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

He nearly said it this morning

I was explaining to hubby how, after working all day Friday, then driving up to the mountains for an overnight stay in Idyllwild, driving back yesterday, that I now have a sore throat.  No wonder.  Weekends are too dang short.  I really need 1 day of REST and I haven't had one for weeks.  I had a relapse of the flu a couple of weeks ago and now I'll be docked $375 for missing 3 days of school.

So, hubby NEARLY said it..."YOU are going to have to face the fact that you can't take care of 5 horses."  Well, first of all, I'm not taking care of them.  I board them.  He resents that.  he resents the fact that I have 5 horses.  He resents the horses.  He hates them.  Period.  There.  I said it.  And, I know, deep down in my heart, that if something were to happen to me, they would be GONE in an instant!  He will not support them AT ALL.  Neither will our children, who are all non-horse people.

So, my blood pressure is up and I'm going for a drive.

Pics from Idyllwild:



2 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

I'm sorry, it sounds as though he has no real understanding of what you love about the horses.
I have explicit directives in my will for my horses - maybe doing something like that would make you feel a little better?

C-ingspots said...

I'm so sorry it's like that for you and your horses. We have too many horses, 6 for 2 people. It's expensive and a lot of work, but HOW could we not have some horses??? I cannot even imagine that! But...if you made provisions/plans for someone or someones to care for your horses in the event of your demise, wouldn't you feel more at peace? At least then, you'd have some assurance that they would be cared for after you're gone.