Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Not that's one cool dog!



Apparently we still have one last heat wave of summer before temperatures around here go back down into the 90's.  It was 107 degrees here yesterday.  That's just TOO HOT for late September.  And, we have about 3 or 4 more days of 100+ temperatures...sigh...Anyway, the weekend we drove to the cabin in Idyllwild, I spotted the cabin's resident dog cooling off in the koi pond!  Isn't he adorable?  Lady is settling in nicely.  She slept on our bed with us last night.  I wasn't able to take her for a walk yesterday, but I DID get up to see the horses.  None of them greeted me with a nicker when I drove up...sigh...they really haven't seen me for a good  2 weeks and they were munching on their breakfast.  Still,  it was eerie not to hear Quad scream or Sunni nicker!  They've forgotten me!  :-(

No comments: