Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Scout and fall leaves




I actually took these pictures almost two years ago, in November of 2010.  You know, I'm so busy when I go up to the ranch that I really can't carry my camera around with me to take photos anymore.  I try, but I'm either cleaning out water troughs, or leading a horse (NOT good for the camera!), or giving a horse a bath!  And, since my horses are located on two different areas of the ranch (apart from each other...) that also makes it difficult because I don't want to put my camera down somewhere and have dust get all over it and inside it.  I did that with my old Nikon (which I still have) and when my husband took it to the camera store for cleaning, the guy told him, "WHERE does your wife keep her camera?  In a BARN?"  Yes, it was THAT dirty!  It had bits of hay inside it!  (...smacking forehead with hand...)!  So, now I'm VERY careful with the new Canon.  I leave it in my car.  However, I don't always park my car in a convenient place to go run and get it.  Nuzzling Muzzles, you understand, right?  Sometimes I put my little Nikon Coolpix in a pocket, but then I get so busy, I forget I have it!  And, it isn't good for close up shots...sigh...So, needless to say, I don't have many recent photos of the horses.  I do, however, have these of Scout, which show how dainty and feminine she is!  Just LOOK at those eyelashes!  And, her little nose!  I tell you, I love to smooch her on the nose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is lovely! My daughter has the same problem. Good to have a mother interested in photography then but sometimes the horses get a bit too interested in the camera. I wish you a great weekend!