Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just a little hint of autumn



I drove around early this morning searching for signs of fall up in our local mountains and found a few.    Only the first leaves of the aspen and cottonwoods are turning yellow.  I figure in a couple of weeks, more should be well along their way to fall colors.  It was good to get out and get up to the mountains for some mountain and horse time today.  I played with the mustangs and took off Cali's fly mask....put some SWAT around her eyes.  She's had the mask on since late May and it's cool enough now there aren't many flies up there.  It was a beautiful early autumn day and I'm so thankful I was able to get out and enjoy it!  I go to my doctor for a checkup Wednesday for the COPD, which isn't getting any better...sigh...I still can't do much right now.

No comments: