Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend in the mountains



Well, the good news was that we had a great weekend in Idyllwild with the grandson and his parents.  The bad news is that both he and I were sick.  I have full-blown bronchitis and all I did ALL WEEKEND was cough.  I'm taking today off and going to urgent care.  The grandson had green snot coming out of his little nose.  We DID feed the blue jays and squirrels, and we did drive down to see the fire station, but that was about it.  Neither one of us felt good.  And, that's a shame because it was so nice up in Idyllwild...55 degrees at night!  I left the bedroom window open to hear the crickets and we all went out about midnight to view the stars.  We had a 3-level cabin that had 3 queen beds and a pullout, so there was plenty of room.  Hubby made chicken, steak, and lamb on Friday night and Saturday night he made pasta with panchetta. By Sunday morning, however, I had NO appetite and I just wanted to get home and sleep (which I did...)  Hubby made a HUGE pot of chicken and rice soup, which we had for dinner last night, then I konked out for the night.  Here are some pics of the cabin. I was so sick yesterday we didn't even stop to see the horses!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Great Cabin!!
Hope you are feeling better and the grandson too!

Kathie Brown said...

So sorry that you were so sick! That looks like a lovely place and 55 degrees sounds delightful!