Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My weekend entertainment~Our World Tuesday~091812




I was entertained all weekend by the antics of the blue jays and squirrels up at the cabin in Idyllwild which we rented.  If I threw out peanuts, the blue jays would swoop down and get them before the squirrels.  If I threw a peanut directly at a squirrel, it would get the peanut (MOST of the time!)  Sometimes the squirrels would chase off the jays in a scattering of blue.  It was fun to watch them! Our World Tuesday for September 19, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What enchanting and charming shots!

joy said...

They are so sweet and funny:)

Christine said...

Bahahaha, that would keep me entertained - cheeky birds!