Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend in Idyllwild



Hubby and I spent the weekend in Idyllwild.  I was on the verge of bronchitis (already...) and we just wanted to get out of the HEAT and REST.  So, we rented a cabin up at 5,000 feet in the tall, tall pines overlooking Strawberry Creek.  It was a restful weekend.  I spent most of it either sleeping or throwing peanuts out to blue jays, squirrels, and throwing birdseed out for the quail who came to visit twice a day.  I am feeling so much better now!  Thunderheads came overhead Saturday night and I do believe it sprinkled up there today after we left.  Here are a few pics. Even hubby enjoyed feeding the jays!

1 comment:

C-ingspots said...

That looks like a beautiful place to seek rest and refuge. Tall pines like those are my favorite! Glad you're feeling better.