Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall is coming

I'm keeping an eye on the maples and aspen up in our local mountains and at the horse ranch, waiting for them to show me the first signs of autumn.  I love autumn, don't you?  For us here in the desert, autumn means an end to triple digit daily temperatures, which is extremely important!  That means we can turn OFF our air conditioners and open up our windows (YES, even when it is 95 degrees!).  Really, you have NO IDEA what it is like to be able to enjoy fresh air again.  Well, you probably do if you live in a cold climate and you have to go through this same thing every WINTER!  Yes, I get "cabin fever" in the summer.  I can't go outside from...8:00 a.m. until, well...pretty much the whole day.  One can function from about 5:00 a.m. until about 8:00 during the summer. Then we "desert rats" have to go inside, close the windows and doors, and hibernate, like the desert animals.  Yes, we even take a siesta!  So, for us, autumn means we can throw open our doors (like I did this morning), open the windows and actually enjoy fresh, cool air (it's ONLY 78 degrees here this morning...) I've found a couple examples of the return of fall already and I'm anxious to find more.  Unfortunately, my bronchitis laid me nearly flat on my back all day yesterday.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and by 9:00, that was it.  I was exhausted...I never made it up to see the horses.  I'm hoping hubby will ride along with me today as I need to buy some pellets for them...sigh...we'll see. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately, but this bronchitis has really laid me low!!!   :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel better soon

my favorite natural bronchitis remedy is

http://www.colloidsforlife.com/silver_Bronchitis.html