Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

School starts today!

School starts today and I'm AFRAID, very AFRAID!  I hardly slept AT ALL last night~ I'm as nervous as the kids!  Isn't that silly after all these years?  The son, girlfriend, and grandson came to my classroom yesterday for a visit.  The grandson, who is 3 1/2, loved my 3D wooden blocks.  I gave him one of the whiteboards and a marker and then he went to town drawing.  Then he discovered Grandma's cupboards and had fun going through them!  He really enjoyed his afternoon with Grandma!  And, Claudia helped me clean desks and get them ready for today!  He'll be starting preschool soon, so it was a good experience for him!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You will do great!!!!

Tara said...

nooooooo! nooooooonoooonooo! lol... I don't want summer to end!
Our kids don't go back to school here until the 4th of Sept...so I still have a bit of time....
Tara

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Hope you had a great first day

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

hope you have a good first day :) xx