Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Saturday horse time



So I drove up to the ranch yesterday morning and all the horses were fine.  Sunni had slipped off his fly mask, but it was too big and I knew it wouldn't last long...sigh...time to order more, I guess. Quad looked up long enough to give a big "HELLO!" and then wanted some food.  (...rolling eyes...)  Sunni went and stood by his gate, so I walked him down to the arena for the R&R.  He didn't run around...he just walked and ate weeds and rolled a couple of times.  By 10:00, however, it was TOO HOT to do much of anything.  This morning, here in the desert, it cooled down nicely last night and I've got all the doors and windows open to let in the morning air!  WOW!  That's a relief!  Here are some pics from yesterday. I also went to the feed store and this was the nice young man who waited on me!

No comments: