Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Desert morning and another lesson




I had another lesson this morning down at the horse rescue.  It was extremely humid and in no time I was dripping with sweat!  Phew!  Even the horses were hot.  We took Riley out just for a little arena work...nothing too strenuous.  I led him, lunged him, and Annette showed me and another boarder some tips for riding bareback.  Not that I'll be riding bareback soon...the other gal had tumbled off her horse when she looked down at the ground.  Fortunately, she kind of just slid off and didn't get hurt.  I'm learning all about your core...it's your "pointer" when you work or ride your horse!  It was a good lesson, but I was exhausted and sweaty and now I'm glad I'm home in the air conditioning.  However, there were blackouts yesterday in both Desert Hot Springs and Cathedral City, so I anticipate we may have one today...sigh...

No comments: