Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"T" is for...ABC Wednesday 120209







TB Friends! TB Friends is a large horse rescue up near Sacramento, CA. Hubby and I stopped to visit Joe and his wonderful wife, Cathy, a couple of summers ago. I had discovered Joe's daily blog and was a devoted fan. My sister-in-law lives in Napa, which is about 2 hours away, and we were up there for a short summer vacation, so I begged hubby to take me to Joe's. My class had been recycling cans and bottles and I was eager to actually meet the man behind the blog. We found his place and drove up. Joe, of course, was out with the horses. After a cheerful greeting, I got to meet several of the horses there. And, of course, a young girl was there trying out one of the thoroughbreds! While Joe focuses on rescuing thoroughbreds, he also rescues horses off feedlots and from Mexican rodeos, where the horses are used for tripping. I was over brushing the mane of a newly-arrived, starving horse, when Joe called me over to look at a gorgeous gray thoroughbred, Quad, who was newly-arrived to his rescue. Oh, my! Quad was so big! WOWZA! But, he had a calm eye and demeanor. I found these photos on hubby's laptop as my computer went KAPUT and I'm still awaiting word on whether or not my hard drive has survived. (Yes, the one with ALL my photos on it!!) Here's Joe, of TB Friends, with Quad, who arrived at the ranch this July. Oh, and yes, Quad is a THOROUGHBRED. ABC Wednesday for December 2, 2009.

5 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

As always, it's a pleasure to see these beautiful animals.

Molly said...

Quad is that heartwrenching sweetheart of a horse who worms his way straight into your soul. I'm so glad you found each other.

Kim, USA said...

Wow huge horses, wish I could ride a horse someday -sigh-

My ABC is here

Roger Owen Green said...

D'oh! TB means thoroughbred! I thought it meant the disease.

jay said...

I had to look up tripping, because I did not believe it could be as simple as that, but sadly, it is. How can people watch it and not feel pain? Good grief .. surely they must break legs? I'm appalled!!

Joe is a good man, and his horses are beautiful. On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)