Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Desert clouds and shadows~SkyWatch Friday 121109







I'm always fascinated by the clouds and shadows that I see when driving back down to the desert after visiting my horses up in the mountains. To go from 4,000 feet to 200 feet above sea level is quite a dramatic change. The desert is especially interesting when clouds cast their shadows on it and I can see it from the mountains. SkyWatch Friday for December 11, 2009.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top photograph of these two is my favorite.

I've never been to the dessert. When I enlarge the top photograph I see a very pretty blue sky with clouds. In the background I see what appears to be barren rock (a mountain chain?) with shadows on it from the clouds. In the foreground I see more mountains. Between the two mountain chains is the dessert. Is this correct?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - thanks!

Joe Todd said...

Looks like you can almost reach out and touch the sky

overtiredmum said...

What a place to ride and try and catch the shadows. Beautiful!
xo

Gwendolyn L said...

I agree with you, clouds and shadows are interesting. This is an interesting picture. Thanks for sharing.