Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stealing a snack~That's My World 120809







Scout, the roan mustang, always chases Cali, the palomino, off whatever food is put out for both of them. But, they've been together for so long now that Cali has learned to edge closer and closer and maybe get an extra helping. Don't worry! She's quite "tubby" and gets enough food. It's just that she's a horse and horses LOVE to eat! I haven't seen them share a bowl for a couple of years now, but last weekend I caught Cali sneaking up to this extra bowl of feed (2 horses = 3 bowls) and Scout didn't chase her off! Go figure! That's My World for Tuesday, December 8, 2009. A massive storm came through our mountains last night and I'm still waiting to see how far down the snow fell. This is just the first of two more storms heading our way this week.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Just working it out...

SandyCarlson said...

Lovely closeness!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture ... they both look so comfortable together :)