Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sunni
















Sunni is usually pretty tame and when we take him down to the arena, he just stands and looks at us. We have to chase him away. Not Sunday! The minute I unclipped his lead rope, he stood (he is trained to do that) and then took off! He actually enjoyed his romp in the arena! He went around and around and around and around! It was the first time in a while that I've actually seen him enjoy being a horse!

3 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

What a great blog! Loved the photos and the music!

Katharine Swan said...

Yeah, Panama does that too -- just stands and looks at me. I've decided that some horses just don't play on command. ;o)

Linda said...

That's great to see--my horses haven't had a chance to run like that in a long time because of the ice.