Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scenic Sunday, February 8, 2009 stormy day
















You know, I'm always so busy taking photos of our horses, that sometimes I forget that on a day like yesterday, our desert is actually a beautiful place to live! It started raining Saturday morning about 2:30 a.m. and it rained until about 6:00 a.m. When it was daybreak, I could still see clouds all over, so I got dressed and went for a drive. I found these smoke trees with water droplets still on them. Then I drove out to an undeveloped area of the desert and found this beautiful view of our Palm Springs mountains (or...they were supposed to be there!) The two peaks, Mt. San Jacinto and Mt. Gorgonio, are the two tallest mountains in Southern California. They are behind all the clouds! I'm not sure yet what today is like as it is still dark! Maybe if the clouds break this afternoon and the road is plowed, I can drive up to see my horses. Scenic Sunday for February 8, 2009. http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Norm said...

those scenic photos are wonderful. Check out my Scenic Sunday here and thanks.

floreta said...

especially liked the first two scenes!