Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Trains! Two trains!!!

So, I went out last Friday (my last day of winter break) and saw a couple of trains early in the morning, but then I drove out to Whitewater Canyon.  By the time I got back, I saw a train coming toward Palm Springs, and I thought I could catch it at the Whitewater crossing, but that train was MOVING!  I did manage, however, to catch two trains passing each other!  I actually hadn't seen the other one even coming!



 One going one way...the other one pulling away...

 Going toward the big rail hub center at Colton, maybe?  Or, going UP the Cajon Pass...
I love seeing trains!  Both hubby's father and grandfather worked for the railroad in Pennsylvania.

No comments: