Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Fog!

We rarely get fog here in the desert.  I only remember seeing it a couple of times in the 40 years we've been here.  I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles and I remember fog as a kid, but the desert has two 10,000 foot mountains blocking the pass from the coast and a range of 8,000 feet (plus) blocking the western edge.  So, if we get fog, it comes up from the south.

Anyway, I was so excited to see it that I ran out with my camera before breakfast and then hopped in my car after breakfast and I drove around town (Temecula, Old Town).  It was so delightful to see the town enveloped with fog!

 Our son's backyard view...
 Looking down from their back yard...
 Foggy bridge in Old Town, Temecula...
A closeup view...

No comments: