Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Why did the coyote cross the road?

...to get away from the crow!

I spotted a coyote on one side of one of the roads up to the horse ranch yesterday.  He stopped and posed for photos, then moved down into a gully.  His/her companion was on the other side of the road, so I sat and watched it.  Apparently it had angered a crow, who was dive bombing it!  It disappeared behind some trees and then sprinted across the road to join its companion.  That was my excitement for the day!
 This one stopped to check me out!
 Bye, bye!
 This was its companion.  Much lighter in color.
 The crow didn't like this guy!
 Running across the road!

See ya!

No comments: