Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Just around the ranch



It's a beautiful time of year up at the ranch.  At least THEY get a change of seasons!  Their sycamore trees and maple trees are changing colors and I imagine they will be at their peak this weekend.  I let Gigondas out for some R&R time in the arena and she rolled and ran and ran and rolled and had a good ole' time!  She was the only horse I was able to work with because I had to get back home...sigh...It seems my family just LOVES to plan my weekend hours!  :-(  I had to meet our daughter and granddaughter at Whole Foods for lunch (Jennifer bought me lunch), so I wasn't about to miss that!  While I didn't see any bighorn sheep on Sunday, I did see the two coyotes.

This coming weekend I'll go up to the horses again and we have Tuesday off school, but I'll have to stay home and finish inputting grades and then TRY to get our gradebook program to load the grades so that they can be printed on the report cards.  It is a LONG and tiresome process.  There goes my day off on Tuesday!   And, I get to babysit Tuesday afternoon until 9:30 that night!  See, my family loves to plan my "free time"!  :-)

No comments: