Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

This is why I LOVE going to the mountains!

It's only a 10 minute drive from our desert home up Highway 74 to the pinyon forest, but another 35 minutes to Garner Valley and its tall pines.  Another 10 minutes from there and one arrives at Lake Hemet.  There is a privately owned campground there and a day/picnic area in a national forest area too.  We haven't camped at Lake Hemet (ever), but I would like to someday.  These were the fall colors that I saw up there on Veterans' Day.





2 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Pretty.

Grandma C said...

Beautiful trees! Against the blue sky they look very dramatic.