Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Grapes




Some afternoons, after school, I'll drive out past the many, many vineyards here in the Coachella Valley.  I love to watch the grapes growing on the vines.  It's very restful.  So, last Friday, I brouht my camera with me to take photos of the sky, but instead I stopped by this vineyard to check on the grapes.  In spite of the drought, there they were!  They are very tiny right now, as you can see...just little things!  Sometimes the lack of water makes grapes struggle and it concentrates their sugar, so this year's crop should be very sweet! (See, I HAVE listened to my husband over the past 40 years!...but that's wine grapes)...These are table grapes.  I don't know if they are seedless, but they are grown in the Coachella Valley, so watch for them in stores later this spring.  I'll update you on their progress.

No comments: