Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Back to Whitewater Preserve

Hubby was off work yesterday, so we headed out to the Whitewater Preserve.  I'd been there Saturday and Sunday last week, by myself, and I had a blast!  That's where I took my tumble off the tree that fell over.  Anyway, he got a call from work and that got him all worked up.  Even on his days off, he's either on the phone or on the computer most of the day.  It's a rare day off when he isn't contacted with some CRISIS at work!   :-(

So, we had grabbed some sandwiches to take along and eat up there, which we did.  Then, a short walk, and VOILA!  He HAS to get back to cell phone range (there is NONE up there), so back down the road we went.  I was pissed.  First of all, it's my day off too.   He was so crabby and jumpy that I drove down the hill without stopping to look and listen to the frogs.  The problem had resolved itself and there was no reason for us to leave...sigh...

I'm going out on my own this morning.

Here are photos from my visit last week.  I hardly had time to take any yesterday.





No comments: