Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Babysitters

The ranch owner moved the mom and colt next to Sunni this week.  They had rain move in and the corral next to Sir Sunni is covered.  Apparently he is now the "babysitter" and has taken quite a liking to the little guy!  Who would have thought?  Quad...er, not so much!  I'm not sure if I'll be able to go up there today as it is VERY windy, cloudy, and rainy.  I'll have to see what the weaather is like in a couple of hours.  The winds woke me up early this morning...they were so strong!  We have trees out front, along our porch, and the whole porch roof was moving!  That's how bad they were!  They have calmed down now, but I'll have to check the weather forecast before I head up the hill.

No comments: