Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring at the ranch~trees, blossoms, and warm weather!

I love to see spring at the ranch.  The trees bud out, the almond trees blossom, crow pairs are everywhere, the horses are shedding.  YES!  They are shedding by the handful!  They all got brushed on Saturday and I'm not sure who was the wooliest!  I think it was Lucille.  She's always very "wooly" every year, anyway.  There are two winter (wet) storms heading our way...one on Wednesday, and another, larger one on Saturday.  We sure need the rain!  Anyway, here are some photos of springtime at the ranch.







No comments: